Generali International Limited - Things to consider before investing At Generali-Money8Secure

I got into a mess with Generali Life Assurance with their program Money8Secure plan without giving any second thoughts. What a waste of money! Generali do not want to give my hard-earned money back any longer upon trying to surrender the policy/program.

I went to a certain BDO branch to inquire about UITF as I was eager and desperate to really start investing and saving for my future and then the teller directed me to a financial advisor. It turned out that this junior financial advisor is from Generali Life Assurance Co. and I did applied for the program "Money8Secure" right away after having been convinced. I was too eager to start investing.

I paid the first premium amounting to more than Php8,400 for the 30,000 annual premium.

After some wise thoughts, several considerations and other financial obligations are coming in, I realized that investing in Money8Secure Plan is not money-wise and convenient for me after all. It is like my money sleeps in the bank for 20 years and I cannot withdraw it anytime for emergency.

I know there should have to be a separate Emergency Fund however, a Php30,000 at Generali's Money8Secure plan would only make me about 1,500 pesos in a year whereas, I could have a lot WISER and invest that 30,000 somewhere else and earn as much as 18,000 pesos annually. Now, think how much my money would earn in 20 years!

Take it from me, think thrice before investing at Generali. If you think you cannot pay the premium regularly and not willing to keep your money sleep in the bank with Generali Life Assurance in 20 long years with minimal return or dividend, never attempt to apply for Money8Secure plan like I did. You'll only have low probability of withdrawing all the payments you have made.

My hard-earned Php8,400 just went to waste.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Surrender value
    • That they do not refund money

Reason of review:
Generali International Limited Vision Retirement Plan
Review category
Financial Services
review #885703 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Generali International Limited? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.